[Sca-cooks] Spikenard

Laureen Hart lhart at graycomputer.com
Fri Jan 21 15:23:02 PST 2011

I have recently only been able to find Aralia racemosa as plant matter.
All the Nardostachys grandiflora seems to be as oil.

http://www.herbco.com/p-454-spikenard-root-cs-wild-crafted.aspx
Background: Aralia racemosa shares the name spikenard with other medicinal
plants; most are unrelated, as is Nardostachys grandiflora: spikenard.

Its family, Araliaceae, includes the ginsengs. Among tribes of eastern North
America spikenard has been used for centuries and considered a specific in
benefitting broncho-pulmonary tract conditions. It was used as preventive
for general care and as a blood purifier.

But Herbco.com is still listing Cubebs....

Randell Raye