[Sca-cooks] Help please

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue Jan 25 13:08:23 PST 2011

Rather doubt it as a combination prior to 1700. It doesn't turn up in
the initial searches I did.
After those failed, I used EEBO-TCP and the combination doesn't turn
up there either.

Rhubarb turns up in medical recipes in The Queens Closet Opened, 1659,
and  The true preserver and restorer of health being a choice
collection of select and experienced remedies from 1682. These are not
recipes for meads but for cordial or purging waters.

Johnnae