[Sca-cooks] Panforte

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat Jan 29 09:16:38 PST 2011

I didn't have any candied gourd, so I replaced it with fruitcake mix.
Orange peel was on hand.

I'll do this recipe again when I have some candied gourd or squash to play
with.  I'll be doing some candied ginger sometime in the next few weeks and
I'll probably play with candied cucurbit at the same time.

The traditional shape is a boule, although this will do equally as well well
as a batard or a braid.

Del compendio de, secreti rationale. Dell'eccell. dottore, & caualiero  M.
Leonardo Fiorauanti Bolognese. Libri cinque... Con la tauola di  tutti i
capitoli. Venetia : appresso gli heredi di Melcho Sessa, 1581.

Bear