[Sca-cooks] Panforte

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Mon Jan 31 14:56:13 PST 2011

Citron in the period texts is the  fruit of Citrus medica and is related to
the lemon.

Citron is also used in the 19th and 20th Centuries for Citrullus lanatus
var. citroides. a group of globose watermelon.  The use appears to be after
the melons' taxonomic description.  Within period, these would have been
referred to a melopepones.

Bear