[Sca-cooks] Panforte

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 31 13:18:39 PST 2011

A melon is really not the same as a citron.  The rind is the valued part
of the citron and I can see where you find it similar, once candied.
If you want to substitute it, go ahead but you might want to find
documentation on citron as well, just to cover your... melon.

Also:  I have nine two-cup containers, call it approximately 8 pounds of
chopped candied citron which I dearly want to get rid of.  Good
jewel-like color, like peridots, but not much in the way of flavor.
This might actually be an advantage.   I don't remember who wanted to
make the panforte in the first place, but do you want me to ship it to you?

Cheers,
Selene