[Sca-cooks] OOP - Food for a 19th Century Parisian Courtesan

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jan 30 23:44:35 PST 2011

Huette suggested to Christianna:
<<< I suppose that you then should serve foods that are considered to be an aphrodesiac. IIRC artichokes were considered so. And also asperagas. >>>

I don't know if what was considered an aphrodesiac changed from the Middle Ages to the 19th Century, but perhaps this Florilegium file might of interest to Christianna, or perhaps others.

aphrodisiacs-msg (34K) 1/12/08 Medieval aphrodisiacs.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PERSONAL/aphrodisiacs-msg.html

Stefan
You never know what you might find in the Florilegium...
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com