[Sca-cooks] Feast of Candlemas, Shire of Nithgaard (AEthelmearc), Feb. 5

Alexander Clark alexbclark at pennswoods.net
Fri Jan 14 16:19:20 PST 2011

I'm about to be doing my first feast as chief cook in a dozen years.
And this time it's going to have a real period-style menu. There are
some things that might change depending on shopping, but the latest
version of the menu is:

Furmenty with venyſon, mammenye to potage, grete fleſſh, feſauntys,
ſamoun roſtyd, & þerewith cruſtade lumbarde & gingerbrede. At þe
ſeconde cours, poumes amole, creme of almaundys to potage, pegions,
rabettys, venyſon roſtyd, & þerewith quynſys in paſt, payn puffe,
frittour criſpe, & blanke ſingler leche.

This will be accompanied by a few sides dishes not on the menu.

Diners, helpers, and kibitzers will be welcome.

The full announcement (but not quite up to date on the menu) is at:
http://www.nithgaard.org/candlemas.html

--
Henry of Maldon/Alex Clark