[Sca-cooks] tasting table

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jan 31 00:37:36 PST 2011

Catrin von Berlin said:
<<< I am glad you like the idea of tasting tables. Iif you looked around at?the
above mentioned? 12th nIght you would have seen that Caerthes Cooks Guild had a
tasting table set up.? Even having been sick I recall the table featured Saffron
eggs from Mistress Hauviettes cook book, I know Lord Tahir made a middle eastern
Meatball, I brought a vinegar beef dish from Rumpolt (and I know there was much
more, but having been sick I have little memory of the event and less of the
table, and I dont think anyone took a picture.)  We we provided a handout with
the recipes, so that if folks nibbled and liked what they tasted they could take
the information home with them I know at least one person appreciated that
handout and thanked me for it (and yes I do remember that much.) >>>

It sounds like for your tasting table, each person brought a single dish of their own choice?  This wasn't what I was expecting. I guess I was expecting a single, larger dish prepared as a group.

Do you usually run out of samples of each dish? I assume you are dishing them out in "taster/sample size portions rather than regular size.

I'd be interested in seeing your recipes and redactions.

I'm glad you are feeling better.

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com