[Sca-cooks] cooking as art or service

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 4 21:49:54 PDT 2011

Phlip said:
 > Ah, I missed that one, but it sounds like a good idea ;-)

Yep, see the info on serving a peacock in this file:
peacocks-msg (72K) 5/ 7/11 Serving peacock sotelties safely.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-MEATS/peacocks-msg.html

Since Pelicans tend to be older and tougher, just using the skin and
insignia of the Pelican while eating a younger bird might be
preferable, although I've not had the chance to make this comparison
myself, yet.

<<< Skin it, put the skin on something more tasty, I think a goose,
and serve that.>>>

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 9:29 AM, David Friedman
<ddfr at daviddfriedman.com>
wrote:
<<< Actually, I think the best approach is to follow Chiquart's advice
for
?peacock. >>>

<< ?Isn't roasting the most common way to cook a pelican? Something
about
?marinating them in a cider and ginger beer mixture. >>

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris