[Sca-cooks] A good source? was "period spice containers/storage"

Daniel Myers dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Wed Jul 6 07:22:13 PDT 2011

I haven't read the book, but it disturbs me a bit to see the only
citation in a quote from a tertiary source being another tertiary
source.

Unless Schivelbusch refers to a primary source for such use of a "spice
platter", or unless you can find a primary or secondary source that
confirms Schivelbusch's assertion, then it should be treated as
conjecture.

- Doc