[Sca-cooks] A good source? was "period spice containers/storage"

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jul 6 09:10:03 PDT 2011

The source is 20 plus years old and it's also a translation so
that might play into the accuracy.
The original is titled Das Paradies, der Geschmack und die Vernunft.
It came out in 1990.

I am wondering if they confused spices with what were really spice
confits or candied spices.
Was the sugar part left out?

Johnnae