[Sca-cooks] Fwd: cherries

James Prescott prescotj at telusplanet.net
Fri Jul 22 18:39:12 PDT 2011

I have a bush with cherries that sound similar to that.

I boil the cherries whole with a small amount of water, till they
are fairly well softened, let them cool, then rub them with my
fingers through a sieve in small batches.  It takes a while, but
by the time I've finished I have a lot of pulp in one place, and
a whole pile of mostly pulp-free stones in another place.

Relatively trouble free.  Relatively.

I usually make a jam with the result, but the pulp could be saved
and used for other purposes.

Thorvald