[Sca-cooks] Cook's List Gathering and Remembrance

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Mon Jul 18 10:04:02 PDT 2011

Greetings all!

I've survived Summer Camps and am now getting into Pennsic Prep Mode T.

I have reserved an A&S Tent for our SCA Cook's List gathering this year with
the intention of including a remembrance of Mistress Kiri as well.  The time
reserved is:

Tue, Aug 9        5:00 -7:00PM            AS 14   Cook's List Gathering and
Remembrance

Here is the blurb that will appear in the Pennsic Book:

Calling all cooks!  The members of the SCA Cook's List invite you to bring a
covered period dish and join in fellowship and sharing.  This year, we take
this time to remember Mistress Minowara Kiritsubo (Kiri) who was an avid
cook and researcher.  Please bring ingredient lists for your dish,
documentation is not necessary but welcome.

We won't be cooking there, this is an opportunity to bring your own cooked
or prepared period items and share in the camaraderie of fellow cooks for a
couple of hours.

Who is planning on being there this year?  I've heard from several folks
that won't be making it, but I suspect the folks that will be are busy
getting ready!

I don't have any formal plans for remembering Kiri, but it might be nice to
set up a table with some photos and other remembrances.  It would be even
better if folks that had worked in her kitchens might be able to share some
of her redactions and recipes with us!

Hope to see many of you there, please let me know if you have any ideas for
what you'd like to see happen.

Christianna

kingstaste at comcast.net