[Sca-cooks] Game for Your Feast

Sharon Palmer ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Tue Mar 1 09:17:06 PST 2011

>I have started work on a compilation project. I am pulling recipes for
>game, birds and fish from various medieval works and putting them
>together on one site. Obviously, any work used in this other than my
>own will be used with permission and credit. You are invited to see my
>(very rough) first draft here:
>(http://talisman.clift.org/sam/sca/gamecookbook/). I welcome any
>feedback.

It would be nice if the index listed the country
and century, other than that I think it looks
good.

I don't think you have any of the Rumpolt game
recipes. There are probably more of them, than
ALL the ones you have listed, more recipes and
more species.  I'm working on my own website, not
sure when that will be ready, but I'm more than
willing to work with you on this.

Basically I've left game to the last, but I
should be finished transcribing them shortly.
It will take longer to finish translating.  Here
is an index of the page numbers for game.  There
are also much game listed in the 40 pages of
menus.  I've identified or at least have good
guesses for many of the German names, others not.

Ranvaig

178 - Wildpret - Vom Hirsh
188 -  Dendel
193 - Reh
198 - Hasen
203 - Schweinen Wildpret
209 - Eynheimischen Saw
210 - Elendt/ Von Aurochsen
211 - Poffel / Von Beeren
212  - wilden Pferdt
213 - Gemß
215 -  Steinbock
216 - Türkischen Schaf
219 - Murmentel
220 - Meerhundt
221 -  Biber
222 - Indianisch schwein/ Igel
223 - Igel/ Küniglein
223 - Caninichen
226 - Vogel
228 - Adler
229 - Straus
230 - Drappen
231 - Schwan
232 - Indianischen Hehn
234 - Aurhan
235 - Steinhenn
236 - Fasan
240 - Löffler/ Keiger
241 - Kranich/ Pfauwen
242 - Wilden Ganß
244 - Ganß
249 - wilden Endten
250 - Mittel Endten
251 - Pletzem/ Kappaunen
252 - Alten Hennen
268 - Jungen Hünnern
271 - Scheehennen/ HaselHun
273 - Rephun
276 - Schnepffen
277 - Grünspecht/ Steinraben
278 - Zamen Tauben
279 - Turteltauben
281 - Wachteln
283 - Kramatsvögeln
285 - Ziemer/Drostel/ Amssel
286 - Lerchen
287 - Nachtigal/ Meerschwalb/ Maurschwalben
288 - Kleinen Schwalben/ Weissen Krob
289 - Widhopff/ Zaunkünig/ Kleinen Vögeln
292 - Fischen
293 - Hausen
297 - Dieck / Stören
298 - Schaiden
300 - Salmen
303 - Huechen
304 - Lampreten
306 - Sälming
308 - Foren oder Forellen
312 - Weissen Foren/ Kärpelein
313 - Hecht
322 - Tunnen Hechten/ Rencken
324 - Rheinfisch
325 - Polch / Karpffen
329 - Esch
330 - Schied
331 - Barben
332 - Aal
334 - Rutten
336 - Nerffling
338 - Nafen / Schleyen
339 - Neunaugen
341 - Zindel/ Bersig
344 - Schretzel
345 - Andieß / Biscorn
346 - Koppen / Schmerrling
348 - Kressen
349 - Pfrillen
350 - Gangel / Steinbeisser
351 - Lauben
352 - Rot Euglein/ Krebßen
357 - Austern
358 - Cabellaw
359 - Capoditzen or Meerspinnen
360 - Meerzungen/ MeerGrillen or Gambarn
361 - Capelungen/ Zwilling
362 - Cerdeli/ Herring
363 - Bücking
364 - Stockfish
367 - Plateissen or Halbfischen
369 - Rochen / Puttes
370 - Schnecken
371 - Mescheln
372 - Schwartzen Muscheln / Schildtfröten
374 - Fröschen
375 - Hollopotrida
379 - Budtspudt
380 - Caperdatten