[Sca-cooks] Game for Your Feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Mar 2 22:24:55 PST 2011

Bear said:
<<< Stefan, bussards are raptors.  The word comes from the Middle English busard
and modernly is spelled buzzard.  To my knowledge, they aren't particularly
taasty. >>>

Yes, that is what I was trying to bring out. Many people seeing a comment about bustards would think "Why would I want to eat a carrion eater like what I see circling in the skies of the western US", so I was trying to indicate it wasn't the same bird.

<<< I believe the bird of which you are thinking is the Great Bustard
(Otis tarda) which is found in Europe and weighs over 20 kg (44 lbs). >>>

Okay, okay. *u* not *a*. :-) Got it. That's one big bird.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com