[Sca-cooks] Talking Turkey

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Mar 4 15:12:23 PST 2011

Greetings! A few people know that I have moved to a retirement community
(4 miles from my old home!) called The Renaissance.  (Rather
appropriate!)  This Tuesday I will meet with the activities director,
the food service director for the whole network of retirement homes, and
the executive chef of The Renaissance, to discuss having a "theme"
dinner for an SCA demo that I hope our group will do.  The info on
turkey recipes was timely and I plan to take over a number of cookery
books that have worked-out recipes to see if any might pique their
interest.  I'm also going to bring some Internet resources that have
period recipes which have been worked out.  So far I have Doc's web
pages, Gode Cookery, and His Grace's Miscellany URL.  Got any others to
suggest?  (I was thinking of MK Cooks, but don't have that looked up yet.)

And, hmmmm... someone was raising Hel. with my name!  I'm gonna getcha,
my pretty!  Cackle, cackle!

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming