[Sca-cooks] Kiri

Kingstaste kingstaste at comcast.net
Thu Mar 17 12:19:04 PDT 2011

I know it may be a bit soon for this, but I'm thinking that I won't likely
be able to get to a funeral or memorial service in MD, and that some sort of
memorial might be arranged at Pennsic.  Her Barony may well be on to this,
but I was thinking that it might be appropriate to hold a Cook's Gathering
in her honor - something like our usual pot luck only focused on honoring
her, maybe using recipes she worked out or served where possible.

It would probably be a good time to ask about an A&S tent for this purpose
(not sure about the rules for using the tents for gatherings this year) and
get it on the schedule.

I'm not in the A&S scheduling loop, nor do I have contacts within her Barony
(don't want to step on their toes, if they are doing something I'll happily
contribute to that).

Just wanted to put the thought out there to see what we could arrange.

Those of us left behind to grieve have to have some sort of outlet, dontcha
know.

I was very grateful last night for the virtual space SCA Cooks occupies and
the many mutual hugs and comforting words passed among many of us.  I don't
think I have ever had such a real feeling of comfort from an internet
community.  Kiri was such a large part of our world here, it is so hard to
believe she's gone.  Thanks to all of you out there in Gunthar's virtual
living room and kitchen for being there!  Hugs all around!

Christianna