[Sca-cooks] Cheese/Onion Sandwiches and Firemen

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Wed Mar 30 17:36:04 PDT 2011

The information was a couple of paragraphs in something I was reading 30 or
so years ago, a historical filler as it were.  It was about some of the
urban fire companies in the Illinois, Wisconsin, Michgan region not having
time to eat between call outs.  The idea was the companies would set out
bread, onions and wheel of cheese to make sandwiches whenever they were in
the firehouse.  No real source remembered.

Bear