[Sca-cooks] Tom Colicchio Game of Thrones was Original Borgias Feast

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Mar 28 11:36:52 PDT 2011

There's another medieval assortment of recreated dishes going on too.

To promote "Game of Thrones" HBO has enlisted kitchen wizard and "Top
Chef" favorite Tom Colicchio to spearhead branded "Game of Thrones"
food trucks which will roam the streets of Los Angeles and New York
City serving free food inspired by the "taste experience of the Seven
Kingdoms."

What does that actually mean? Apparently Colicchio will page homage to
the various "Game of Thrones" banquets with roasted rabbit, spice
roasted duck and venison.

But supplies will be limited. Only 300 servings will be available each
day, as the "Game of Thrones" food trucks navigate New York City from
March 28 through April 1 and Los Angeles from April 4 through April
8. .... follow "Game of Thrones" either on Facebook or Twitter.
Check out Colicchio's spectacularly geeky explanation of how he
crafted the "Game of Thrones" menu: http://www.hitfix.com/articles/game-of-thrones-tom-colicchio-combine-for-food-truck-promo

Given what he said on Top Chef about medieval food being spicy because
it was covering up rancid meats, I wondered what he'd be creating.

menus here
http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/production-diary/2011/3/28/thrones-food-trucks-take-manhattan.html

Check out Tuesday -- squab with sweet corn fritters!

Johnnae