[Sca-cooks] 2 feast lunches in 2 weekends - what was I thinking LONG

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 12:25:10 PDT 2011

Wow, sorry about all the questionmarks.  I forget to save it as plain text or
something.. durned word.

Ranvaig - I am thankful for what you did, it really made my life easier! And I
wish you were closer too.

 For budget reasons I used plain cheap longrain white rice.. $3 for a 4lb bag.
I did the test batch and the final from the same bag, with different results.
The test batch the rice was still a little crunchy inside, so the final I cooked
a little longer with a little more milk.  BUT the test batch firmed up nice
enough to slice, the final was cooked through but did not firm up enough...
Hannah ended up frying 'rice paddies'  they were rough shaped lumps - but that
did not stop anyone, they vanished as fast as she got them crisped on both sides
and onto the serving plate.

Aldyth, Thank you for the kind words.  You are always welcome under my rock..
now, what do you want help with?  PS I think this is a popular crown, you may
well get 250.. but $5 for Feast + lunch?

Gwen gonna get smacked for helium hand aren't I Cat

______________

From: Deborah Hammons <mistressaldyth at gmail.com>
+5A at mail.gmail.com>

I got to try Crown lunch.  Way wonderful on all counts.  So now, I get to
do Coronation for 250 (they are optimistic) on $5 a head.(Which includes a
lunch in that amount)  Two weeks after Yummier, (all Spanish).  And Yummier
people don't care what I spend, they know I won't kill them. Can I climb
under your rock when I am done?

Aldyth

From: Sharon Palmer <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com>
*blush*  Thank you for the kind words.  It was motivation for me to
get active with Rumpolt again.  I've done more in the last month than
in the last two years.  Which is a good thing, because the more time
I spend with it, the translation happens more quickly, while being
better too.  The book is so big that it's hard to keep up that kind
of energy and time investment.

I wish I was close enough to taste your food.  What kind of rice did
you use for the rice pudding fritters?  I want to try making those.

Ranvaig