[Sca-cooks] Mishmishiya question

galefridus at optimum.net galefridus at optimum.net
Thu Mar 24 10:09:14 PDT 2011

As you say, venison is pretty lean meat, so I'd be at least a little concerned about that.  Even when I've made mishmishiya with lamb, I find that I need to add some rendered lamb fat to get to my best guess of what the recipe is calling for.  I'm surprised that you're running into such high prices, though -- this is the time of year when lamb prices usually drop.  While I haven't looked for it yet this year, I've found whole leg of lamb in my area (northern NJ) for less than $3/lb at local grocery stores in past years.

-- Galefridus