[Sca-cooks] Cheddah an' onions

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Mar 27 19:03:07 PDT 2011

Lordy, it must be thirty years since I had a cheese and raw onion
(untoasted) sandwich.  I ate them off and on for a couple of years after
reading about them as a 19th Century firefighter's food.  They were pretty
good with a cold beer.  I was working nights and they made a great, fast
lunch (which is why the firefighter's presumably liked them).

Sharp cheddar and a thin sliced sweet onion on a sandwich toasted in the
cast iron sounds fine.  I'll make some later this week.

Bear