[Sca-cooks] Coping with limited cooking facilities for feast

Kathleen Roberts karobert at unm.edu
Wed Mar 30 07:15:45 PDT 2011

>>> Euriol of Lothian <euriol at yahoo.com> 3/29/2011 5:51 PM >>>
You might consider space for crock pots & electric roasters... grills to be used outside. Items that can be pre-cooked. Much will depend on your budget.
I totally agree.  Make sure you check out the capacity for electric roasters and crock pots with your venue coordinator.   Make sure you won't be blowing fuses all over.  They are also great for keeping the food warm prior to service.  Off the stove pot and into the roaster.

If you are doing an "appetizer" course, try to make it something cold.   That really saved me this past midwinter when my cooking space was radically diminished.

Good luck!

Cailte