[Sca-cooks] OOP - Sausage Rolls

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Mon May 2 08:12:02 PDT 2011

Although I am sure that there is a difference, but I have always thought that sausage rolls were akin to something from my childhood, to whit: pigs-in-a-blanket.

Mom would use already cooked hot dogs, wrap them in a Pillsbury crescent roll and bake them according to the instructions on the package.  We would dip them in ketchup and mustard and really scarf them down.  Occasionally, Mom would slit the hot dogs and add a slice of cheese and then wrap them in the crescent roll.  Equally yum.  I haven't had one since I was a child.

Huette