[Sca-cooks] OOP - Sausage Rolls

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 4 02:23:06 PDT 2011

<<< I am seeing in my googling that puff pastry is commonly used for
wrapping the sausage. Does anyone remember if that is how the GW
vendor makes/made them?
Ilsebet >>>

I've had these before, although not from the GW vender. My local HEB
grocery store sells a house-brand "Fully-cooked Sausage Kolaches" in
the frozen food section. With only four in the package they aren't
particularly cheap, but they can be quickly heated in the microwave
for a quick snack or lunch. From looks and tasting them, I would say
they use more of a biscuit dough rather than a puff pastry dough,
which would be lighter and flakier. It's hard to tell from the
ingredients list, what kind of breading they are, but it does include
yeast, wheat and barley flour and dried egg.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com