[Sca-cooks] 1549 Messisbugo editions

CHARLES POTTER basiliusphocas at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 14:47:00 PDT 2011

This is the best edition (1549 Banchetti printed in Ferrara Italy) as this was published directly from Christoforo's notes so it is the original first edition.  The other editions just copy this one with some very minor changes, but I have caught a printing error in the fourth recipe, A Fare Mostazzoli Di Zuccharo (To Make A Bread Of Sugar).  It says to use three pounds of honey in the 1549 edition and all others say five. I have redacted this recipe so I am almost certain that the three pounds is the correct amount.

                                    Master B

P S  Thank you very much for the Banchetti PDF file Johnnae!