[Sca-cooks] cloved lemons

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed May 4 22:18:49 PDT 2011

--- On Tue, 5/3/11, Elise Fleming <alysk at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

<<< Well, say I with tongue in cheek, be careful you don't start
another SCA-true-historical-fact like cloved oranges.

Alys K.>>>

To which Allizaundre replied:
<<< Umm... That's cloved lemons. I should know, I invented them.
(Sorry 'bout that.) >>>

LOL. For more details and comments through the years, see this file in
the ENTERTAINMENT section of the Florilegium:
cloved-fruit-msg (25K) 3/ 6/11 Period cloved fruit. Origin of the SCA
game.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/ENTERTAINMENT/cloved-fruit-msg.html

Also for some current regional SCA obsessions:

Dog-Ball-msg (8K) 12/17/10 A sport played in standard SCA armor and
polearms, based on a game in the movie "Blood of Heroes".

http://www.florilegium.org/files/ENTERTAINMENT/Dog-Ball-msg.html

Helga-Ball-msg (10K) 12/ 3/09 Helga ball is a Ladies Only game
combining aspects of soccer, rugby and wrestling.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/ENTERTAINMENT/Helga-Ball-msg.html

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com