[Sca-cooks] Gluten Free Dijon Mustard

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sat May 7 08:24:17 PDT 2011

Turmeric is the ground rhyzome of Cucurma domestica (or similar from related
plants).  The primary use is for yellow food coloring.  The word turmeric
derives from the Middle English "termeryte" which derives from Old French
"terra-merite" and is inturn derived from Latin.  The word means "saffron."
It's use in English cookery appears to date from the early 16th Century.

Bear