[Sca-cooks] Period Street Food

Honour Horne-Jaruk jarukcomp at yahoo.com
Tue May 17 14:41:53 PDT 2011

Respected friends:

(I wrote)
> > > In Spain, little old ladies
> sat on street corners with a charcoal
> > > brazier heating a pot of oil. When a customer
> showed up, they'd
> > > crack an egg into it and dish it up deep-fried. I
> tried it- it's actually
> > >  amazingly good. There's a painting, just OOP, of such a woman.
(Hrothny wrote)
> You know what I've always wondered each time I've seen that
> painting? How
> did she serve the eggs to her customers?
>
> Hrothny
MY informant, who was Spanish but it was too many years ago, said they either brought a bowl/plate/cup or she put it in something to cool till they could hold it in their hand. Sounds unsanitary, but hey, no germ theory...

Yours in service to both the Societies of which I am a member-
(Friend) Honour Horne-Jaruk, R.S.F.
Alizaundre de Brebeuf, C.O.L. S.C.A.- AKA Una the wisewoman, or That Pict

"If you're a normal human, the inside of your head is not a pretty
place. Venting it unfiltered to the internet may feel therapeutic,
but it's unlikely to end well."
--Goedjn