[Sca-cooks] Venison, not necessarily deer meat?

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Thu May 19 16:44:49 PDT 2011

Actually,venison as large animal meat is known to most serious
hunters, because it crops  up in various hunting manuals, but
generally, since most large animals available to hunt are deer and
related  species, it tends to be thought of as  specific to deer
meat,similar to the way "corn" tends to refer specifically to maize
here in the US.