[Sca-cooks] nut and raisin confection

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri May 20 00:14:50 PDT 2011

<<< Maybe the Candy file in the Florilegium?
There's one I think for raisins and pine nuts.

candy-msg - 2/17/08

Johnnae

On May 15, 2011, at 11:29 PM, tudorpot at gmail.com wrote:

I was sure I read a period recipe that combined walnuts and raisins
similar to Pynade. Help please.

Theadora >>>

I don't see any recipes that include both raisins and walnuts in that
file. There are several period recipe for things that resemble candied
walnuts or sugared clumps of walnuts and other things. Here is a
recipe that has walnuts which is closest to what I thought pynade was.
I don't remember pynade having any raisins in it, myself. From the
above mentioned file:

---------