[Sca-cooks] Saucy Thoughts

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Fri May 20 01:12:08 PDT 2011

Urtatim said:
<<< I confess that i (a) started out using Doc's Medieval Cookery site
and (b) haven't fully plumbed the depths of Stefan's Florilegium,

although i dipped into it. I am certain there are more related

recipes. There are several cookbooks i haven't looked into, such as

Martino and 16th c. (and very early 17th c.) English cookbooks. And i

don't own *every* published source. So i am most appreciative of

pointers to additional recipes. >>>

Okay, I thought you were only looking for specifically German cameline
sauces. I didn't find any in this Florilegium file. But for cameline
sauces in general, you might wish to look here.  It is also possible
that I missed something you would consider a cameline sauce when I was
moving messages out of the sauces-msg file for this file, so that
might be work a look. Also the various feast reviews that include
recipes might also have some recipes that haven't made it into this
file since I don't usually try to separate files from these.

camelne-sauce-msg (26K) 8/22/04 Sauces w. cinnamon as a major component.

http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-CONDIMENTS/camelne-sauce-msg.html

I can see that I'll have a bunch more stuff to add to this file after
this current thread ends. :-)

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com