[Sca-cooks] Food, glorious food! (mostly OOP)

Robin Carroll-Mann rcarrollmann at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:03:43 PDT 2011

Tomorrow, at you've-got-to-be-kidding-me A.M., a taxi will whisk me
off to Newark-Liberty Airport, thence to be conveyed to London.
Monday night I have a dinner rendezvous with Christina Nevin, of this
list.  We will be dining here:
http://www.stjohnbreadandwine.com/

Wednesday, I take the-wagon-under-the-sea to Belgium (mostly Bruges,
and a hint of Brussels).  Those of you on my Facebook friends list can
follow my progress there.  Alas, the local mussels are out of season
just now, but I'm sure that I can find *something* to consume.  (Or I
can subsist on frites and fine chocolates.)

Does anyone know which of the Flemish traditional dishes have medieval
antecedents?  (Rabbit stewed with prunes certainly seems like a
possibility.)

Brighid ni Chiarain