[Sca-cooks] Mourning/Funeral Food

michelle brewer michellebrewer at live.com.au
Sun May 22 01:00:52 PDT 2011

Hello to All,

Can anyone on here tell if they know of recipes and/or documentation of period Mourning/Funeral food.
We are having a Eulogy Feast here (Innilgard) in late June and one of the A&S comps is mourning food and I can't seem to find any references to foods used specifically for this purpose or types of foods normally served at funerals/wakes in period. This feast is to be set in the year 1585.
Any help from the members of this list would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Scoithniamh of Arran
Hospitaller, Barony of Innilgard