[Sca-cooks] Food, glorious food! (mostly OOP)

Claire Clarke angharad at adam.com.au
Sun May 22 04:18:56 PDT 2011

Message: 8
Date: Sun, 22 May 2011 02:04:06 -0500
From: Stefan li Rous <StefanliRous at austin.rr.com>
To: Cooks within the SCA <sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org>
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Food, glorious food! (mostly OOP)

And in some sausages. In fact in Mistress Brighid ni Chiarain's
translation of Ruperto de Nola's 1529 "Libre del Coch" it says "And
after it is dead, cut off the head and throw it away because it is not
for eating, for they say that eating the brains will cause him who
eats them to ..."

So does anyone know of any other recipes I should add to the organ-
meats-msg file in the Florilegium? Can you even buy brains these days?
Or is that a prohibited item to sell, like lungs?

Thanks,

   Stefan

--------
You can certainly still get lambs' brains around here (Australia). We have
no BSE either so I expect you can probably get calfs' brains, but the former
are more common.

Angharad