[Sca-cooks] USDA Guidelines on meats

Antonia di B C dama.antonia at gmail.com
Sat May 28 16:58:42 PDT 2011

On 29/05/2011 11:35 AM, yaini0625 at yahoo.com wrote:
> I had heard about it on the news but missed their reasoning. Any ideas why they changed their recommendations?

It's right there in the article/
"With a single temperature for all whole cuts of meat and uniform 3
minute stand time, we believe it will be much easier for consumers to
remember and result in safer food preparation," said Under Secretary
Elisabeth Hagen. "Now there will only be 3 numbers to remember: 145 for
whole meats, 160 for ground meats and 165 for all poultry."

--
Antonia di Benedetto Calvo