[Sca-cooks] 1549 Messisbugo editions

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Tue May 3 13:45:37 PDT 2011

I also started with Notaker and compared those entries with Worldcat.
Eventually I came up with
   Banchetti compositioni di vivande, et apparecchio generale by
Cristoforo di Messisbugo

Italian   1549  In Ferrara : Per Giovanni de Buglhat et Antonio Hucher
Compagni

  and that is Listed at

Bayerische Staatsbibliothek
Bavarian State Library (BSB)
München, D-80539 Germany

This just happens to be a library that is actively scanning editions!

And when one follows through at that library one comes up with

  http://opacplus.bsb-muenchen.de/search?oclcno=249698280

So it is up on Google Books or Google Buchsuche.

Download as a pdf was 3 minutes.

There were also facsimiles of that edition from 1960 and 1992, so
people might want to seek those out if they can't download the text
for some reason or the other.

Johnnae, playing librarian

On May 2, 2011, at 3:42 PM, emilio szabo mentioned a 1549  at:
http://www.oru.se/ub/Filialer/Restaurang--och-hotellhogskolan---Grythytte-Akademi/Digitaliserade-rariteter-fran-kokboksmuseet/
> I can send you the 1549 copy privately based on the Oerebro images.
> If I
> remember well, I had a hard time then to get all the image files
> from their slow
> server.

There is an earlier edition under the title "Banchetti", published in
1549.
Notaker lists several holding libraries, among them the UB Grythyttan;
if i am
not mistaken this edition is also on the web at Oerebro (sp?). If you
have the
Notaker bibliography at hand, it is no 906. Notaker lists the following
editions: 1549, 1552, 1556, 1557, 1559, 1564, 1571, 1576, 1578, 1581
(twice),
1585, 1589, 1596, 1600, 1610, 1617, 1621, 1622, 1626. One might speak
of a mild
success ...

Other online editions -- apart from those already mentioned -- include
the ones
from 1559, 1600, 1610 (www.digitale-sammlungen.de).

E.