[Sca-cooks] Salt trenchers

K C Francis katiracook at hotmail.com
Tue May 3 14:14:39 PDT 2011

I made edible table decorations for a contest way back in 1997.  Candle holders out of bread and salt and pepper cellars.

http://www.westcooks.org/writings/k-morephotos.html  shows pieces on a cooling rack, a completed candle holder and the full set.  So I see I baked little saki cups in the bread and then removed them for the candles, salt and pepper.  I suspect one can never be sure if a depression made before baking will always be there after rising/baking.  Good luck.

In browsing the pictures I am reminded that  I used the same technique with sugar plate to make little tarts to hold salt and pepper (they are sitting on a golden tray and the little white open cubes are votive holders that glowed nicely when lit!

Katira