[Sca-cooks] Period Street Food

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 16:15:47 PDT 2011

Hi Mercy,

One of the classes I didn't get to at the An Tir Culinary Symposium (because there were so many wonderful classes) was on street food. I think the concentration was on late period English. Perhaps the instructor, or someone who took the class is on this list.

It looks like what you want to do is a dayboard. I've seen those done on a donation basis (both cooks and eaters) but it depends on the expectations of your local culture. If you put out a buffet of tasty period food with a donation bowl at the end of the table, I'd like to think you'd collect a reasonable amount of money. Also, the donation angle may help you get around various legal concerns regarding selling food.

Juana Isabella
West