[Sca-cooks] Measurements in de Casteau

wheezul at canby.com wheezul at canby.com
Mon May 23 21:14:18 PDT 2011

Just poking around a retumbe is a circular glass:

http://books.google.fr/books?id=G3o5AQAAIAAJ&pg=PA139&dq=retumbe+vin&hl=fr&ei=tSfbTcOZJI7PiAKasd32Dw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=7&ved=0CFMQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q&f=false

It seems like the reum prefix is a little more Germanic.  I wonder if a
ro:mer (a type of drinking glass)is similar?  Something is in the back of
my head and I can't quite call it forward.  Oh, he's from Belgium - no
wonder the words have a bit of a strange spelling.

Katherine