[Sca-cooks] SCA placenames in The Crown Province of Ostgardr, East Kingdom

Carol Smith eskesmith at hotmail.com
Wed May 25 07:24:59 PDT 2011

The Cantons of the Crown Province of Ostgardr(Greater New York metropolitan area) are:

Northpass (Westchester, Putnam. and lower Duchess  County, NY)
Whyte Whey (Manhattan, NYC) "We're just simple cheese farmers..."
BrokenBridge (Brooklyn, NYC)  Have you seen the state of the bridges in the area?
Lions End (Nassau County, LI, NY)  "It's the place where the lions meet, it's not the place they sit on to eat."

The Barony of An Dubheaigainn is Suffolk County, LI, NY.  Rusted Woodlands and Frosted Hills are also close neighbors.

Regards,
Brekke

> From: StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
> To: sca-cooks at lists.ansteorra.org
> Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 02:43:24 -0500
> Subject: [Sca-cooks] SCA placenames

<snipped>

> Groan... I assume this is a canton of Great Whyte Whey? Manhattan? But
> which borough? I'm not that familiar with NYC and where Coney Island
> is located. Is there a story behind the "Brokenbridge" part?

<snipped>