[Sca-cooks] steins and dolmans?

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Sat May 28 03:39:05 PDT 2011

A dolman, think a section of Stonehenge or a stone door frame or the white
things on the black.
http://heraldry.griffin-dor.org/groups/Emblazons/Standing_Stones.gif
The current graphics on their website has the laurel wreath looking black,
it's suppose to be green so here is someone elses graphics.

A stein/beer stein has a lid. And is suspected to go as far back as the
1400s, maybe even 1300s. Indication of existance is a law passed after the
plague which required containers to have a cover, but so far as I know there
are only steins from the 1500s found and are in museums. If ever I can read
German, I might find steins in the bildindex.
Stoneware is one material that they were made of. What you are thinking is a
mug.
This claims to be a 16th century reproduction.
http://www.kaiserbills.com/item141581.ctlg

This is from the 15th century, Rhineland
http://tinyurl.com/3mom9kz

This is called by the museum a tankard but it is a stein
http://www.thebowesmuseum.org.uk/collections/objects/category/2/2445/

De