[Sca-cooks] OOP - Sausage Rolls

Amy Cooper amy.s.cooper at gmail.com
Mon May 2 07:11:51 PDT 2011

Greetings to the list!

My husband and I were reminiscing about the "sausage rolls" we were
able to pick up while at Gulf Wars a year+ ago, and how they would be
perfect lunch food for him these days. As I recall, they were bread
dough (?) wrapped around a hunk of polish sausage/kielbasa and baked
so that both the bread and sausage were cooked through. We'd like to
come up with a version that he could make at home - he is a decent
beginnng baker, and is living in Ottawa these days, so he *should* be
able to find some sausage good for these. Can anyone help with a
recipe or method? Or other easy to make-ahead, portable, and not TOO
messy lunches? Period isn't necessary, but yummy and easy are :-)

Thanks,
Ilsebet