[Sca-cooks] steins and dolmans?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat May 28 00:13:16 PDT 2011

De said:
<<< The original device was returned because the laurel wreath was
upside-down and the heralds of that time said there was no such thing
as beer steins foaming proper, so the guys used dolmans instead of the
steins and up righted the wreath. >>>

So back to a more food oriented question.

What's a "dolman"? I assume that is different from a doberman. :-)

I always think of "steins" as heavy, glass beer mugs. Is that too
narrow a definition? Are they even period?

Thanks,
   Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com