[Sca-cooks] It's Not US Honey??

Dan Brewer danqualman at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 16:52:04 PST 2011

I did not consider our friends from New Zealand or Australia.  The purity
laws in most country's that have an English back ground and in the EU
require that processed honey states that it is processed.  And that it
states the country of origin.  I am referencing a story that I read on line
that traced a shipment of honey to the US that made its way through five
separate ports and countries to confuse the point of origin.  The honey was
finally repackaged in Canada and sold as a Canadian product.  The analyst
of the product showed that it was about 50% corn syrup
.  The problem for consumers is that the US has no standards for honey.
And only about 15% of the imported product is required to be inspected.
Buy local .  Support your local bee keeper.

Dan in Auburn