[Sca-cooks] Turkeys

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Nov 27 23:21:20 PST 2011

<<< I have remembrance of a reference to turkeys being driven to
market in England in the late to middle 1500's.  I will attempt to
track it down.
Daniel >>>

Ohh. Please do. What we see from many foods from the New World (maize,
peppers, tomatoes) is that while being raised in Europe prior to the
end of our period of study, many are little known outside of Spain or
Spanish-influenced areas. I wouldn't call England even a Spanish
influenced area, and this is fifty years before the end of our time.
So, yes, more info would be interesting.

Perhaps it gets back to Europeans already knowing what to do with a
turkey, vs. say, tomatoes or peppers.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com