[Sca-cooks] Turkeys

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Nov 28 03:14:09 PST 2011

See
Eiche, Sabine. Presenting the Turkey. The Fabulous Story of a
Flamboyant and Flavourful Bird. Florence, Italy: Centro Di, 2004,
2006. Fabulous photos of 16th century European artworks featuring the
turkey.

Smith, Andrew F. The Turkey. An American Story. Urbana: University of
Illinois Press, 2006. Excellent work on the history of the turkey with
a chapter subtitled “How the Turkey Conquered Europe.”

Johnnae