[Sca-cooks] West Coast Culinary Symposium Update

Donna Green donnaegreen at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 14:13:05 PDT 2011

The schedule and class list for the Culinary Symposium is still somewhat in flux, but here are the classes I've got as of now:

Cooking Over a Fire
15th c English Table Manners
Breaking a Pig
Saffron History & Uses
Cheesemaking 101
Intro to Pressed Cheese
Mozzarella
Skyr
Redacting 101
Viking bread in theory and practice
Searching Sources
Fritters
La Cucina Povera: Italian Peasant Food in the Sixteenth Century
Camping without a Cooler
Drying and Preserving Herbs in a Dough Coffin
Exploring Martino
Evolution of trenchers and Bread on the medeival table
Portuguese Goa
Period Charcouterie Data Review
Cuisine in the Byzantine Empire
“Gebachens” – Foods for Fastnacht
Poultry as Food Animals
Roman Food
Ottoman Cooking
Hands-on Carving: Chickens, Peaches and Pies
Poultry Processing
Writing Food History: How to write it and where to publish it?
Gelatin - savory, sweet, subtlety, and prescription!
Bread Baking
Perfectly Period Feast and How We did it
Period Islamic Cooking

So, send in those registrations soon.
http://www.compassstarcatering.com/westculinarysymposium2012.html

Juana Isabella