[Sca-cooks] beer/ale, cheese soup

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Tue Oct 11 16:36:33 PDT 2011

There is a Gourd soup recipe in the Epulario (and more than likely in the corresponding recipes in the Martino corpus).

47) To make broth of a Gourd.

            Make them cleane as they ought to bee, then seeth them in flesh broth, or else with water alone, adding thereto certaine Onions as you thinke good, and when it is boiled take it out, then either bruse it small or stampe it, and straine it through a Cullander, and then againe set it to seeth in a pipkin with fat broth, and a little Verjuice, and let them bee some what yellow with Saffron, and when they are sod take them off the fire, and set them to coole, then take yolkes of Egges according to the quantity, and beat them with a little old cheese, and put them to the said meat, stirring it with a spoone least it smell of smoke, then dish it and cast spice upon it.

Eduardo

Food is life. May the plenty that graces your table truly be a VAST REPAST.

David Walddon
david at vastrepast.com
www.vastrepast.net