[Sca-cooks] Non-Period Food for Non-Vigil

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Mon Oct 24 00:00:47 PDT 2011

Though saki is common, she might want to consider some plum wine. About 15
years ago I had considered a Japanese persona. I vaguely remember coming
across a ceremony of someone elevating into a high ranking position. There
was something akin to a vigil. It was a time of preparation of mind, body
and spirit. I gleaned through it and pretty much forgot most of it cause I
changed my mind. So I am not 100% sure of the details but I think there was
a ritual bath and something about the clothing and specific colors. That
this was not for a military elevation of rank.

If she can find them, she could serve as a novalty Umeboshi or
Umezuke/pickled plums or apricots.